April 15, 2014
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org ®
At all of our Trainings and Retreat Programs, we prepare and offer LIVING FOODS DIET:
We create our bodies from the food we eat, and in the case of the living foods diet, we also fortify our energy bodies by consciously elevating, conserving, and absorbing the Qi contained in the living plant bodies that we tend, gather and consume. The living foods diet is very refined and specific, and while optimizing the micro-nutrient and Qi content of the food and our ability for full absorption, it also refines and optimizes our relationship with eating. This is a purifying program, physically, emotionally, and energetically. In modern human culture, we use eating to fill a variety of needs and wants, both conscious and unconscious. By applying living foods awareness as a transformational discipline, we wean ourselves from previous eating patterns and arrive at a very clear and direct communion with the elements, plant kingdom, and life energies that sustain our physical form and energetic condition. The foods eaten are plant sourced, organically grown, freshly harvested, and enzyme active. Care is taken to conserve and enhance both the vigor and also the vibrational quality of its Qi. Food is never heated above 105°F, exposed to chemicals or EMF, or processed in a way that deteriorates its nutritive and energetic state. Food is grown, harvested, prepared, and eaten holding awareness that plants are living creatures with energy bodies and plant consciousness. Maintaining a deep appreciation for their beauty, humble reverence for their service to us, and a spiritual love for their aliveness raises their Qi and vibration, and ours, while generating a conscious resonance and spiritual communion with them. Nuts and seeds are always soaked and rinsed to activate their enzymes and rinse away germination inhibitors. Sprouts have a particularly vital Qi, the germination energy being activated, and also the nutrients are thus enhanced and in highly absorbable form. Raw Fermented foods fortify the probiotic intestinal flora and provide additional nutritive and enzymatic compounds. Ayurvedic flavor balancing principles are used to enhance the deliciousness of the food for a whole-being, full spectrum nourishment experience. The liquids within living plants are structured and contain concentrated nutrients and Qi. Freshly prepared juices from freshly harvested vegetables cleanse and nourish our cells, glands and organs and raise the vibration of our energy fields. Smoothies made from fresh fruits, soaked nuts and seeds, and super foods such as blue green algae, bee pollen, raw cacao, acai berry, cordiceps mushroom, aloe vera and maca root are highly antioxidant and supply the body with abundant nutrients, electrolytes, and vital energies.
Here are some FAQs below:What are Living and Raw Foods? Raw and Living Foods are foods that contain enzymes. In general, the act of heating food over 116 degrees F destroys enzymes in food. (Enzymes start to degrade in as little as 106 degrees F). All cooked food is devoid of enzymes, furthermore cooking food changes the molecular structure of the food and renders it toxic. Living and raw foods also have enormously higher nutrient values than the foods that have been cooked.What are Enzymes? Enzymes assist in the digestion of foods. They are known to be the “Life-Force” and or “energy” of food. From the dictionary:
Noun: Any of the various complex organic substances, as pepsin originating from living cells and capable of producing certain chemical changes inorganic substances by catalytic action, as in digestion.Why are Enzymes Important? Enzymes are important because they assist in the digestion and absorption of food. If you eat food that is enzyme-less, your body will not get maximum utilization of the food. This causes toxicity in the body. (Can you guess why over 75% of Americans are overweight?)Doesn’t the acidic ph of the stomach destroy enzymes? Viktorus Kulvinskas, one of the world’s foremost and most experienced active researchers into enzyme nutrition has information showing then stomach acid merely deactivates food enzymes. The enzymes are then reactivated in the more alkaline small intestine. Many people who eat all raw foods, sense a world of healthful difference in our energy, digestion and connectedness with nature by eating enzyme-rich living foods. When we stopped eating cooked protein foods which require large secretions of stomach acid (which is not healthful for several reasons) our stomach doesn’t produce much stomach acid. Many people who eat raw foods eat a low protein diet and are free from the stomach acid secretions and have much more energy and a lighter disposition.Is there a difference between living foods and raw foods? Living and Raw foods both contain enzymes. In living foods, the enzyme content is much higher. Raw, unsprouted nuts contain enzymes in a “dormant” state. To activate the enzymes contained in almonds, for example, soak them in water for as just 24 hours. Once the almonds begin to sprout, the enzymes become “active” and are then considered living. In the context of this web site, the terms are used loosely.Why eat only Organic Foods? When juicing or eating foods, it is very important to choose to consume only organically grown produce. “Conventional” or “industrial” produce are grown with pesticides, herbicides, synthetic fertilizers, and other chemicals that are toxic and/or harmful to your body. Organic foods are grown without the use of these harmful substances, taste better, and are more nutritious.Do I need to eat all organic to be raw? No, you do not NEED to eat all organic to be raw. I personally reccomend eating as much organic food as possible. It has been shown that organic produce contains less pesticide and other toxic residues. In addition, it has been shown that organic food may taste better and contain more nutrition. I believe its better to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables in most any case.Will rinsing wash off the pesticide from industrially grown produce? Rinsing with cool water will remove some surface pesticide residue, but not the pesticide that was absorbed into the produce as it was grown. Some of the most severely tainted types of produce are strawberries and bell peppers. Some of the least tainted: carrots and avocados.Is this a “new” fad diet or something? Not at all! Consider the following: during the vast majority of our existence on this planet, what choices did we have for food? What COULD we have eaten before we discovered fire, tools and implements to kill animals? The original diet for us MUST have consisted primarily of vegetables, fruits, and nuts! What other choices did we have? Clearly, a raw, plant based diet is the main food staple throughout the vast majority of the history of Humankind! Before Humans started killing and eating dead animal carcass, we ate fruits, leaves, nuts, berries, etc…Is this just another vegetarian or vegan diet? Yes and NO! This is the ULTIMATE vegetarian/vegan diet. It should be the goal of all vegetarians, vegans and SAD – [Standard American Diet] eaters to eat raw. The benefits are out of this world! Once you embrace an all-raw and living food diet, you are more living, have more energy, better health, think more clearly, and become more in tune with your body! This type of diet even gives you a “competitive edge” over people that eat life-less food.What is the difference between a raw/living foods diet and a vegetarian one? Vegetarians and vegans believe in only eating a plant based diet.
Living and Raw Foodists believe in eating only an UNCOOKED, UNHEATED,UNPROCESSED and ORGANIC plant based diet.What is a Living Foodist or Raw Foodist? A person who eats 75% or more living/raw food.. The more, the better. Optimally one should eat as 100% raw and living foods if it feels right for them. Is a 100% living and raw food diet best? That depends on the person. I believe life should not be about 100% raw food, but about 100% health. You can be “unhealthy” and eat 100% raw food, if you are not eating the correct raw foods. In addition, the stress that can be caused by “screwing up” or “falling off the wagon” can be worse than eating a high percentage raw food diet, with “better” cooked alternatives. I personally eat 99.999% raw foods.Is there just one type of living/raw foodist? There are many subcategories of living/raw foodists. Some include:
• Fruitarian – People who consume mostly fruits.
• Sproutarian – People who consume mostly sprouts.
• Juicearian – People who consume mostly fresh juice.Why would someone want to eat a raw and living foods diet? There are many reasons why people eat a raw and living foods diet. 1. Health: Persons embracing this type of diet invariably experience improvements in their general physical and mental status, including more energy, better health, more energy , weight loss, detoxification, and a sturdier immune system that better resists and recovers from just about any kind of disease… and the list goes on…
2. Energy efficiency: Since you no longer have to cook, you don’t waste electricity, and save the environment.
3. Since you eat organic agriculture, you help to save the planet. Most become more in-tune with their body; many report definite spiritual improvements.
4. No animal products are used, so the animals appreciate it.What do raw/living foodists eat?Raw and Living Foodist eat all fruits, vegetables, sprouts, nuts, seeds, grains, sea vegetables, and other organic/natural foods that have not been processed. In some instances, there are special ways to prepare the foods (example: most raw and living foodists soak/sprout nuts, seeds and grains before consuming them). How can you tell if something is a raw/living food?Most foods that have not been processed in any way, shape or form are raw and living foods (until cooked). Processed foods (canned, bottled or prepackaged) are most often adulterated, (changed from their original state) by heating, additives, preservatives, colorings, salt, and sugar. Don’t think this is all for your benefit; the benefactor is the manufacturer’s profit margin, NOT YOU. Try to purchase foods that are in their natural state.What do raw and living foodists drink?Water (purified water – never tap water), Freshly made juices (made with your own juicer – and consumed immediately), coconut milk (from a young coconut), are some of the liquids living and raw foodists drink. Most all drinks purchased at the store have been processed (Including: soda, bottled juices, coffee, alcohol, and most others) and are not included in a living / raw foodist diet.Do raw and living foodists drink tea?Some living and raw foodists will drink SUN TEA, which is tea brewed by the power of the Sun. Teas that contain boiling water are not considered raw. Many teas that are purchased in the store may have been processed at temperatures above 118 degrees. The best way is to grow your own herbs and dry them at a low temperature, and use them for sun teas.Are certain raw foods better than others?Yes. I believe one should focus on eating the majority of fresh fruits and vegetables. All other raw foods (such as nuts, seeds, etc) should be minimized. Fresher foods are always best. Ones that you grow yourself, or purchased at a farmers market, are much fresher than foods purchased in the grocery or health food store.Where do raw and living foodist get their protein?The WHO (World Health Organization) says humans need about 5% of their daily calories to come from protein to be healthy. The USDA puts this figure at 6.5%. On average, fruits have about 5% of their calories from protein. Vegetables have from 20-50% of their calories from protein. Sprouted seeds, beans, and grains contain from 10-25% of their calories from protein. So if you are eating any variety of living plant foods, you are getting more than adequate protein. Numerous scientific studies have shown the daily need for protein to be about 25-35 grams per day. So if you ate 2,000 calories per day, and ate raw plant foods that had an average of 10% of their calories from protein, you would get 200 calories worth of protein, or 50 grams. This is more than adequate to support optimal well-being. Other studies have shown that heat treating a protein (such as with cooking) makes about half of it unusable to the human body. So raw plant food protein is even a better source than cooked plant foods or animal foods. There is still a huge, foolish, misguided idea that plant protein is not “complete”. This is based on studies done on rats in the 1940’s. This false conclusion was drawn before we discovered the bodies protein recycling mechanism and its ability to “complete” any amino acid mix from our bodies amino acid pool, no matter what the amino acid composition of a meal consumed. This false idea is still perpetuated by the meat and dairy industries, in an attempt to influence people to continue consuming their truly health destroying products.
You might also be interested to visit the following links:
Yogic Diet: http://www.qiyoyoga.org/qiyo-diet
Juice Cleanse: http://www.qiyoyoga.org/juice-cleanse