This is a project proposal to request financial assistance to be used to uplift the lives of the children and the physically challenged who reside at the Vambakeerapalayam Village in the Puducherry Union Territory.
Target Area of the Project
The target area for the project is the Vambakeerapalayam Village, where Secretary C. John Peter resides and provides his services.
Important facts about the village are as follows:
- The village is adjacent to the Bay of Bengal and was hit by a tsunami in 2004.
- The major public are doing fisheries.
- The village contains about 1,500 houses.
- Many parents are illiterate and live in poverty.
- The village contains about 3,000 children. Of these children, about 2,000 are studying in government schools. Some of the remaining children study at private schools.
- The village contains about 200 physically challenged individuals.
- Many of the houses are tiled, R.C.C. or huts.
The Needs of the Village and the Purpose of the Project
Since the heads of the families are illiterate and poor, the standards of education and lifestyles of the elders as well as the children are less than ideal. As the heads of the families are generally fisherman, there is no proper guidance for the children in the areas of education, health care and social issues.
The major the women in the village work for daily wages and they are vending fishes, etc. They are not educated in the ways of hygiene, sanitation, health care and social issues.
Since the children of the village are future leaders of India, we would like to concentrate on educating the children and providing them with accurate knowledge on health care issues. As such, the project proposal targets the following activities:
- Running a Child Development Center
- Awareness Programs on Social Issues
- I AM EDUCATION Program
- Educational Program for Children
- Supporting the Children Program
- Helping Physically Challenged Individuals Program
- Running Computer Training Centers
- Stimulating Creation and Innovation among the Children Program
- Public Relations Program
- Office Administration
In order to execute the above activities, the following financial assistance is needed. Please note that the funds listed are the costs to run each program for a year.
- All the above activities would be administered exactly as stated above and to your entire satisfaction in the joint name of the QIYO Multi Yoga System and Maatrou Thiranoudaiyoar Samuga Mempattu Sangam.
- The admitted works would be started immediately and concluded as stated.
- All funds will be spent by facing proper bills and vouchers only.
- All funds would be properly audited and, at the end of the year, proper audit statements will be obtained.
- Donors may visit the programs listed above at any time.
- Proper reports will be submitted every three, six and 12 months.
- We are willing to change the style of the project if any of our donors wish.
Puducherry is a Union Territory (a semi-state position) and the income of the same is limited. Therefore, the territory is unable to carry out all of the activities necessary for the betterment of its people, especially its children. As such, this project proposal has explained the ways in which we plan to uplift the lives of the children and physically challenged in the Vambakeerapalayam Village in the Puducherry Union Territory.
Contributions to this 501(c)(3) organization are deductible as charitable contributions on your federal income taxes!