Considered to be one of nature’s most perfect and ubiquitous designs, the egg has been called divine geometry in nearly every civilization, ancient and modern. This shape resonates with the current evolution of our planetary consciousness and brings a sense of unity, warmth and the birth of new life.
After testing several prototypes with the NYC yoga community and receiving enthusiastic feedback, other people joined the mission and the Qi Yo oval mat was born.
- Revolution in the making
- Into the flower of life
- Step onto the next generation of yoga mat
- Inspiration gathered from
Every form is a potential source of vibration. Oval symbolizes the egg, the symbol of life and creationThe egg is a mythologicalmotif found in the creation myths of many cultures and civilizations. The egg symbolizes the beginning and the universe or some primordial being coming into existence by “hatching” from the egg, sometimes lain on the primordial waters of the Earth.
The earliest ideas of “Egg-shaped Cosmos” comes from some of the Sanskrit scriptures. The Sanskrit term for it is Brahmanda (Brahm means Cosmos or expanding, Anda means Egg). Certain Puranas such as the Brahmanda Purana speak of this in detail.The Rig Veda uses a similar name for the source of the universe: Hiranyagarbha, which literally means “golden fetus” or “golden womb”. The Upanishads elaborate that the Hiranyagarbha floated around in emptiness for a while, and then broke into two halves which formed Dyaus (Heaven) and Prithvi(Earth). The Rig Veda has a similar coded description of the division of the universe in its early stages.
In the original myth concerning the Ogdoad, the Milky Way arose from the waters as a mound of dirt, which was deified as Hathor. Ra was contained within an egg laid upon this mound by a celestial bird. In the earliest version of this myth, the bird is a goose (it is not explained where the goose originates). However, after the rise of the cult of Thoth, the egg was said to have been a gift from Thoth and laid by an ibis, the bird with which he was associated.
The Orphic Egg in the Ancient Greek Orphic tradition is the cosmic egg from which hatched the primordial hermaphroditic deity Phanes/Protogonus who in turn created the other gods. The egg is often depicted with a serpent wound about it.. Universal energy circulates in an egg-like pattern. The oval is also a symbol of the universal Mother, the yoni and the Shakti energy. It represents the energy of life, which liberates and stimulates movement.
The Revolutionary Oval Shape
- The shape and color affect users by altering their vibrational frequency. They have the power to harmonize or destroy. The rectangular shape is the weakest in vibration of all of the shapes, yet yogis practice yoga onto that shape for hours!
- The oval symbolizes the egg, the symbol of life and creation. Universal energy circulates in an egg-like pattern. The oval is also a symbol of the universal Mother, the yoni, the Shakti energy. It represents the energy of life.
- Qi Yo has measured its oval yoga mats by the methods of radiesthesiaRadiesthesia is the science of using the vibrational fields of the human body to access information about other objects of animate or inanimate nature by establishing resonance with their energy fields, using specially calibrated instruments and a scale of qualitative measurement to decode this information. and on the bovis scaleBovis scale is a method used by dowsers and adherents of geomancy to quantify the strength of a postulated “cosmo-telluric energy” inherent in an object or location.. The results are stunning! The energy of the oval, egg-like mat is higher than of any other shape of mat.